Poros are small furry creatures native to the Howling Abyss map in League of Legends. Their favourite food is Poro-Snax, and they will happily follow around any summoner who feeds them.
For this pattern I used two different types of wool. The cream wool is thicker than the brown, and so I used a 4mm hook for the body. The horns and feet are made using a 3.5mm hook. If your yarns are the same thickness, and/or hooks are the same size, you may need to add an extra row of increase to the body of the Poro. In this case I recommend making the horns and legs first so you can see how the body looks.
This pattern took me quite a few hours to design. I am happy for people to use the pattern for themselves (hence releasing it for free) but please credit me if you do. Please do not sell this pattern, and please do not post the pattern directly on your blog/site/etc, but link back to my blog.
PDF of Pattern: PoroLoL_Pyper_StrangenessIsConserved
- Brown yarn
- White/cream yarn
- Pink yarn
- Buttons or similar for the eyes
- Hook, scissors, pins and stuffing
- Needle for sewing with yarn.
- I join my rounds, and count the chain starting each row as a stitch.
- If working in a spiral replace any chains with stitches
- ch: chain
- sc: Single crochet
- dc: Double crochet
- inc: 2 stitches in one base loop. sc-inc would be increase using sc
- dec: stitch two base loops together. dc-dec would use dc
There are several different stitch naming conventions. I use sc as:
- hook through next base loop
- yarn over and pull through base loop
- yarn over and pull through first loop on hook
- yarn over and pull through both loops on hook
And dc as
- yarn over
- hook through next base loop
- Yarn over and pull through first two loops on hook
- Yarn over and pull through two remaining loops
1. Magic circle (ch2, sc x 5) 
2. sc-inc x 6 
3. (inc, sc) x 6 
4. (inc, sc x 2) x6 
5. (inc, sc x 3) x6 
6. (inc, sc x 4) x6 
7. (inc, sc x 5) x6 
8-11. sc x 48 
12. (dec, sc x5) x6 
13. sc x36 
14. (dec, sc x4) x6 
15. sc x30 
16. (dec, sc x3) x6 
17. sc x24 
18. (dec, sc x2) x6 
Stuff at this point
19. (dec, sc) x6 
20. Dec x6 
1. Magic circle (ch2, sc, dc x3, sc) 
2. Ch2, sc, dc, dc-inc, dc, sc-inc 
3-5. Ch2, sc, dc x4, sc x2 
6. Ch2, sc-inc, dc x3, dc-inc, scx2 
Tie off and leave a long tail for sewing
Start with brown and change to cream:
1. Magic circle (ch3, dc x11) 
2. Sc x12 
Tie off brown and change to cream
3-5. Sc x12 
6. Sc-dec x6 
Tie off and flatten the feet. Leave a long tail for sewing
The tongue is somewhat optional. Most of the time a Poro will have its tongue out ready to lick up any Poro-Snax in the vicinity. I freehanded mine, and did not write down what exactly I did. I also think there is room for a lot of improvement (or felt), so I will not attempt a pattern.
Pin the horns and feet into position. Once you are happy with their placement sew them into place
The eyes for my Poro are black buttons. Again these are pinned to place them before being sewn on. I happen to like button eyes, so use any eyes you want. Other types may need to be attached differently.
If you wish to add a tongue, position it once everything else is in place and sew it on.